The responsibilities of a Field Coordinator include operational management, human-resources management, financial management, communication and representing MSF when liaising with local authorities. The nature of MSF’s work involves inherent risk due to our commitment to people affected by conflict or in precarious situations (for example, in post-disaster contexts). The Field Coordinator is ultimately responsible for safety and security at the project level. He or she plays a key role in ensuring the quality and appropriateness of project activities and the implementation of MSF programs in-country, and bears witness to the fate of people facing humanitarian crises.Essential Requirements
- Significant professional experience in project management within humanitarian organizations.
- Demonstrable experience in supervising, managing, coaching and training others in multicultural and multidisciplinary contexts.
- Experience in security management, preferably in conflict zones or emergency settings.
- Excellent negotiation, diplomacy and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under stress in unstable environments.
- Availability of 12 months and willingness to commit to MSF for several assignments.
- Relevant diploma, preferably a university degree.
- Solid command of English and French, Arabic is also an asset.
- International humanitarian and/or healthcare/medical management is an advantage.
Terms of Employment
The role of Field Coordinator is a paid position; the salary is not negotiable and will be based on our salary grid. Previous experience in similar positions will be considered in the determination of starting salary.
All MSF Field Coordinator positions are unaccompanied posts, meaning family members cannot be posted in-project.
Field workers are recruited to be part of a pool. Candidates need to be flexible regarding the possible locations of their work assignments.
For internal candidates currently working with MSF, please speak to your line manager in the field or to your HRO directly; we do not accept internal applications for the post of Field Coordinator via this website as the screening process is different.